The values we share run through everything we do and form the core of our philosophy. The whole school community has been involved in putting our values into these words:
At Hunsdon JMI School we believe that children should be given the opportunity to reach their full potential in a happy, secure and disciplined environment. We strive to provide a calm, purposeful atmosphere where good behaviour, respect for others, moral development and positive relationships are encouraged so that a secure and friendly place for learning is created and maintained. We also believe that a good, working partnership between school and home is essential in enabling a child to fulfil their potential and in promoting their well-being.
From our values we have worked together to develop a list of specific aims.
At Hunsdon JMI we aim to:
- Provide a wide, stimulating curriculum including all the National Curriculum subjects to all children.
- Provide a happy, secure and caring environment in which all children can equally develop their social, emotional, aesthetic and academic potential.
- Help children develop lively and enquiring minds and provide them with opportunities to make decisions for themselves.
- Identify children who have special educational needs or who are gifted and provide appropriate help, support, challenge and resources.
- Encourage teamwork and develop a balanced attitude to competitiveness.
- Develop an awareness of the importance of exercise and a good, healthy diet and life style.
- Foster an appreciation of the school’s position as part of a village community and the wider world
- Develop an understanding and respect for values and morals based on our Christian heritage and to instil an acceptance and appreciation of diversity.